Sunday, June 17, 2007

Week 5b - I need a home

I am writing to you to ask for your help. I’ve heard that blogs are a great way to reach many people. You see I need a home. Let me tell you my story.

I came to live with these humans the last week of March. Before that I lived for one month with some kind people who found me in the middle of the icy snow storm this past February. I loved living with them and got to sleep with their 14 year old son. They had one dog and one cat. I got along with them both. The problem was they were in the military and had to leave for Germany and couldn’t take me.

That is where my new humans decided to try and keep me. Sadly, I scare their cats. Grits is 16 and gets insulin twice a day. He hisses and hisses when he sees me. But the real problem came this week when Cleo, who is 14, was diagnosed with Kidney failure. She is going to have to have an IV every day. So stress is not an option and when she sees me she hides in the closest closet.

I am really a very nice cat. I love to set on people’s laps and purr and purr. I am healthy and have had my shots. They think I am about 2 or 3 years old. I am so afraid if I go to the pound I never come out. I really want a home where someone can love me. Can you help? I hope I'm not done living. - Dolly

6 comments:

Jodi said...

my goodness you have your hands full with your cats....sorry your extended family isn't ready for a new sibling.

Josh said...

sorry to hear about your poor cats...we can't take another one ours is pretty much a one person cat...she only likes us and doesn't like anyone else...especially other animals. Hope ya find a nice place Dolly you are a cutie:)

Wen~ said...

What a sad entry. Sorry to hear about your babies. I wish we could take Dolly, but Dixey just barely tolerates Max! I will ask around though.

Wen~ said...

I went into the Cat's Closet on Caroline Street this afternoon. The lady said you could put up a note and picture of Dolly if you would like to.

Amy said...

Love the pix of your cats. They are beautiful.

Carlene said...

It will be interesting to see if the blog helps you find a home for Dolly.

I cannot help. My husband is allergic to cats.

Carlene